Now that I’m less than 30 days from being a college graduate, I am really bolstering my job search. In an effort to assist any potential employers with their hiring decisions, I’ve decided to list the following 10 reasons why I should be considered for employment. When you’ve finished, have a peek at my resume!
1. I am an excellent writer. I have many different writing samples in my porfolio ready for your reading pleasure.
2. I thrive on deadlines. I feel I do my best work when I’m in a race against the clock. (That’s not to say I cut corners. My work is thorough and complete.)
3. I’m self-motivated. I pride myself in taking iniative and understanding what needs to be done and when to do it.
4. I already have real-world experience. I’ve held two internships, been Account Executive of a Bateman campaign and served as Director of Marketing for USF’s PRSSA Chapter.
5. I’m willing to move. I’m the son of military parents and we moved many times during my childhood. I’m accustomed to relocating and love exploring new places. I’ll go where you need me!
6. I’m willing to learn anything new. I don’t know everything about public relations. But, I’m darn sure willing to learn as much as possible so that I become more of a critical asset to your company.
7. I’m personable. Cold calls do not bother me. Neither does interacting with new people. I am capable of forming lasting relationships that can bolster your company’s efforts.
8. No task is too small for me. I know there are downtimes. I don’t mind maintaining media libraries, updating media lists or cleaning the office. If you need anything done, just ask me to do it.
9. I think strategically. I make it a habit to fully think out any situation before acting. I like to understand the bigger picture and narrow my focus, identifying problems or opportunities that have influence on the task at hand.
10. I love public relations and working in a team environment. I know that one person cannot do everything alone. It takes a integrated team effort to accomplish outstanding objectives. Working alongside people who love what they do makes the workflow more fluid and enjoyable.
There you have it–10 reasons you should hire me. Hopefully I’ve persuaded you to consider me for a public relations or communcations position within your organization. I’m open for any new challenges and would love to hear from you!